CA Fire Resources
In the event of a fire, please utilize the following resources.
- Preparing for a wildfire – before and after
- Emergency Disaster Plan
- Emergency Survival Kit
- Get Tech Ready
- Natural Disaster Recovery Plan
- Statewide Wildfire Recovery Resources
Helpful Tips to Follow During Emergencies
In the event of a wildfire, round up your family and pets first. Then, follow these tips:
- Remove potentially flammable materials around your home.
- Be ready to soak roofs, shrubs, and trees with water if they’re near your house.
- Close all windows and doors.
- Fill pools, hot tubs, garage cans, or other large containers with water.
- Disconnect garage door openers, so you can still open your garage if the power goes out.
- Keep lights on for visibility in smoky conditions.
- Use your phone or other recording device to create a photographic or video inventory of your property and personal items.
- Keep an eye on social media and news reports so you know the overall situation. Check on your neighbors.
- If you’re evacuated, follow routes dictated by local officials. Wildfire can quickly change direction and your planned exit route may be blocked.
- If you have insurance, don’t hesitate to contact your agent or insurance company in the event of a mandatory evacuation.
- You may have benefits for unplanned additional living expenses and your insurer can help you understand your applicable coverages.
- Keep all receipts and important documents while you’re evacuated.
If you need to make a claim, contact your insurance company directly.
AEGIS (800) 233-2160
American Modern (800) 375-2075
ASI Progressive 1-866-274-5677
California FAIR Plan (800) 339-4099
CNA (877) 574-0540
CSE Insurance Group (888) 236-5584
Kemper (888) 252-2799
Liberty Mutual 1-800-290-7933
National General 1-800-468-3466
Pacific Specialty (800) 962-1172